
Monday (Nov 8th) Aaron and I went to my second appointment. They did my blood work, weighed me, made me pee....and then we finally got to hear the little heartbeat! It was awesome to know that there really is something in there that is already alive and swimming around. She said by my next appointment I will probably be feeling it moving around, which I'm SOOO excited for. I think hearing the heartbeat really brought it home for Aaron and made him bond to it a little more. Cathy said it sounded like a boy so Aaron has been referring to it as a him since then. I told him it's not a very accurate way to predict and not to get his heart set on anything but I think it was too late for that as soon as she said the words "that sounds like a boy" plus he has been rubbing my belly and talking about how excited he is a lot more, so I'm glad he was able to make it to this appointment.
Technically we could find out the gender next week! But we'll probably just wait till 20 weeks. Right now I'm 15 weeks, its crazy to think we only have 5 months of life as we know it left, it's actually going by really fast. Aaron and I decided that after we find out the gender, we're going to go buy its first little outfit that we'll bring it home from Bella in, and keep that as a tradition with all of our children.
It occurred to me the other day that this will be my oldest child. You don't really think of when you have other kids because your so obsessed with the one on the way, but I started thinking of how birth order can really shape kids, and what that mean for this baby. It's going to be the guinea pig, and the one born to poor college students. I hope we can still give it everything we want it to have and not mess up to bad! :) It's kind of weird to think of it not as a baby but as a person that is going to grow up and be an adult some day, it puts a little bit of a different perspective on the whole situation.
Anyway, that was just a bunch of rambling but I figure I should write down all the feelings I'm having, even the weird ones. Here's a pic of 15 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment